ARCHIVE (Architecture for Health In Vulnerable Environments) is an international charity prioritizing the use of housing as a central strategy for preventing illness and providing care among the poor. Our foremost goal is to improve health outcomes by delivering targeted housing design improvements.
● identify disadvantaged communities with interconnected needs for health and housing
● create site-specific projects to develop viable solutions
● communicate projects to housing designers, health specialists, and engineers
● facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration on projects
● support construction of healthy homes in the project communities
● engage the general public about the healthy housing approach to improving public health
● encourage organizations around the world to design and build houses that can improve health
We have regional managers in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Europe and North America. Projects are currently underway in Cameroon, Haiti and the UK.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-33934128-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'archiveglobal.org']); _gaq.push(['_setAllowLinker', true]); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);